One of the many reasons students study abroad in New Zealand and Australia is for the nature, the animals, the lifestyle, and the MILLIONS of activities you can do. Make the most of your study abroad experience by stepping even farther outside of your comfort zone and engaging in the crazy, adrenaline filled lifestyle found in these two countries. But don’t worry, if the adrenaline rush isn’t for you, there are plenty of other things to do!! Check out this list of the awesome things you can do during your time in New Zealand!
1. Learn to play rugby-an extremely popular sport in Australia and NZ
2.Visit Milford Sound–a fjord within Fiordland National Park
4. Bungee Jump! Bungee jumping began in NZ with two friends who decided to try it out one day, they drew straws to see who jumped first!
5. Take a tour of the filming locations of The Hobbit
6. Visit the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves
7. Go glacier hiking…..
8. …..or stick to regular hiking! There’s an endless amount of trails of varying lengths across NZ!
9.OGO Rotorua–choose from multiple courses, some get you wet and others you stay dry!
10. Take a day and visit Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland
11. Go skiing or snowboarding in Queenstown, Christchurch-Canterbury, or Mackenzie
12. Learn to windsurf or kitesurf!
13. Take a ride on the Luge Track
The opportunities are endless and there’s something to do for everyone in NZ. Don’t be afraid to try something new and exciting when you study abroad, who knows–it could end up being the best thing you’ve ever done! If you’ve been to NZ before, what were some of your favorite things you did or sights you saw??